Energy Engineering & Consulting Services, LLC utilizes a unique three-phase approach to energy efficiency that delivers to the client the greatest savings with the smallest financial expenditure.
Phase 1 focuses on improving the efficiency of individual components of a system.
Phase 2 deals with the operation and efficiency of complete systems.
- First, the existing operational efficiency of the equipment will be evaluated
- The maintenance and historical performance data of the components or equipment will be evaluated for any inefficiencies in operation.
- Manufacturers' performance data on the individual components in the system will be acquired.
- A load analysis of individual pieces of equipment performance will be established.
- An analysis will be completed comparing the existing performance of the equipment to the manufacturers' rated performance.
- The steps needed to improve efficiency of the equipment will be recommended.
- This phase has an average simple payback period of 0 to 1.5 years.
Phase 3 involves the modification of existing systems to gain greater efficiency and reliability.
- Load profiles of the individual pieces of equipment that were developed in Phase 1 will be incorporated into the overall system's load profile and performance.
- All the static and dynamic loads affecting the system's efficiency including process loads and outside weather conditions will be identified.
- A load profile will be developed demonstrating the impact of the static and dynamic loads on the energy consumption of the system.
- Strategies to meet the demand in an efficient manner will be analyzed and recommended.
- This phase has a simple payback period of 1 to 2 years.
- After the existing system's energy efficiency has been optimized, Phase 3 should begin with modifications to further improve the system's performance.
- Modifications may include redesigning select components in the system, adding new equipment, adding new controls to the system, and/or new strategies of control.
- This phase has a simple payback period equal to or greater than 2.5 years.
Energy Engineering & Consulting Services, LLC